Good weather and summer are coming, the season in which we sunbathe the most and try to tan our skin. This is fine as long as we take the necessary measures to protect our skin and achieve the perfect tone. To protect the skin from the sun and avoid long-term damage, it is important to take preventive measures.
Here are the most important ones:
- Use sun protection: Apply a sunscreen with a sun protection factor (SPF) of at least 30, preferably with broad spectrum protection that protects against UVA and UVB rays. It is advisable to apply it every two hours, especially after sweating or swimming.
- Avoid direct exposure to the Sun: Avoid exposing yourself to the Sun between 12 am and 4 pm when UV rays are most intense.
- Wear Sunglasses: Sunglasses that block UVA and UVB rays protect your eyes and the skin around you, which is very sensitive as well.
- Moisturize your skin: Drink plenty of water and always apply a moisturizer or aloe vera after sunbathing.
If we take care of our skin, we can sunbathe without so much fear, but even so, we should never abuse the Sun. More hours exposed to the Sun do not always mean more color or a darker tone for our skin. So that the tan has a beautiful color and lasts as long as possible on our skin, there are several tips that we can follow.
- Exfoliate your skin before sunbathing: this helps remove dead skin cells, allowing the tan to set better.
- Moisturize your skin: hydrated skin maintains a tan for longer. Drink plenty of water and apply a moisturizer after sunbathing.
- Sunbathe gradually: do not expose yourself to the Sun for too long at once. Sunbathe gradually and increase the exposure time progressively.
- Maintain a healthy diet: consuming foods rich in antioxidants or beta carotene (carrots) and lycopene (tomatoes), help protect the skin from the damaging effects of the Sun.
- Always use sunscreen. Otherwise, you can burn yourself and the tan that you think you have achieved will disappear after a few days.
From Natusure we also recommend that you try our NatuSol capsules, which promote natural tanning. You can find them here, on our website.
We hope that you can apply our tips and recommendations when it comes to sunbathing this summer and that you will have a super beautiful golden tan throughout the season!